Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Civil 3D 2010 Delay when selecting objets

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cadtex
800 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCad Civil 3D 2010 Delay when selecting objets

I am currently running AutoCad Civil 3D 2010 with a network license. My pc is running Windows XP and I have 4 GB of Ram but only 3.25 GB are being recognized because of the 32 bit thing. So my problem is that i get about a one second delay when selecting any object at all. It could be a new drawing with nothing in it but a line and I still get the cursor delay. Weird thing is that if I open Civil 3D as AutoCad 2010 it doesn't do it. Only when I use Civil 3D. My template was created from the imperial template and is now running off of the server. This does not happen all the time but once it happens in a drawing it will continue to do it. It is extremely annoying. There's a delay even when no command is active and I just select a regular line or any object. It also happens with some commands such as erase or move. Canceling or hitting the escape key gives a delay as well. The instant I use one of these commands or or try to select an object my cursor will not move. I can do other commands such as extend, trim, distance, or measure with no delay at all though. It's only when I am trying to select objects or canceling a command. I have tried turning off my Antivirus software as well and any other applications that I think might have an effect on Civil 3D but the result is the same. If anyone has any idea why this is happening please enlighten me.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
keithknifer
in reply to: cadtex

I see similar behavior and I'm on Win 7 64 bit. I've been seeing crosshairs jumping around delayed from the mouse movement. When it happens, it runs the processor up to close to 100% and lasts for up to a minute or so. I've also seen a selected object flashing and flickering. I have no solution however.
Message 3 of 11
cadtex

I have also wondered if it has to do with my wireless mouse and keyboard and/or software for it but have not had a chance to try wired equipment. We are looking to purchase new computers with 64 bit Win 7 to prepare for Civil 3D 2011 64 bit version, but now that you say you are currently running Win 7 64 bit and experiencing slow downs it makes me wonder if we should. Coworkers and I receive "Civil 3D out of Memory" errors periodically. Are you experiencing those kinds of issues with with Win 7 64 bit?
Message 4 of 11
keithknifer

Definitely go to W7 64 bit. I don't know why I periodically see that behavior, but the advantages to W7 far outweigh that little strangeness, especially for memory management.
Message 5 of 11
stacy.dunn

Have you tried turning off hardware acceleration? How about checking for DUCS?
Stacy Dunn
Message 6 of 11
areese9779

Sometimes closing the properties box will help dramitically, especially if you are mainly seeing the issue with C3D objects.

Andy
Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64-bit
Message 7 of 11
cadtex

Stacy,
I will try turning off the hardware acceleration. See if that does something.

Thank you.
Message 8 of 11
cadtex

Andy,

I will try this as well.

Thanks
Message 9 of 11
mgoedecke

I read this feed and am having the same delays.  I am running Win7 64 bit Acad LT 2014.  Ever find a solution?

Message 10 of 11
cadtex
in reply to: mgoedecke

We are now running Civil 3D 2014 on new computers and no longer experiencing the delay. It may have been a hardware issue but never really found what was causing the issue.

Message 11 of 11
mgoedecke

thanks

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report