Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2d + 3dsMax Is it the best for soil and water enginner

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
405 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad 2d + 3dsMax Is it the best for soil and water enginner

I am graduate of soil and water engineer who also have graphic design skills. But am finding it difficult whether to do AutoCAD 2D + 3dsMax OR to do AutoCAD 2 + AutoCAD Civil 3D. Please i need an advice on this issue
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Soil, water & Engineering would point to Civil 3D. You might want 3dsMax if you want high end visualization at end of project. If so, check out Autodesk Infrastructure Suite.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Can someone that is learning AutoCAD 2D make use of AutoCAD Civil 3D to design?
Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Particularly, if you are motivated to do so

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
AllenJessup

Civil 3D is based on AutoCAD. So everything you learn in Autocad will be available in Civil 3D. But Civil is much more complicated and requires additional learning.

BTW What do you mean by AutoCAD 2D? Basic AutoCAD is a 3D program. It just isn't focused on a specific discipline. Are you talking about AutoCAD LT?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I have understood it. No, just AutoCAD 2013. After the AutoCAD programme, i will learn somethings about AutoCAD Civil 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report