Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD crashes when hatch selected

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
d_reno
4200 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD crashes when hatch selected

I am having this problem today using Civil 3D 2011 on a Win7 64 bit machine and closing the properties box doesn't help. Neither does PURGE/AUDIT or RECOVER. I have several solid hatch objects and no matter which one I grab it hangs the software. Anyone have any  other good tips? Punt? Microstation? Jim Beam?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: d_reno

Can you post or email the drawing? miff AT sonic DOT net

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain

@d_reno wrote:

I am having this problem today using Civil 3D 2011 on a Win7 64 bit machine and closing the properties box doesn't help. Neither does PURGE/AUDIT or RECOVER. I have several solid hatch objects and no matter which one I grab it hangs the software. Anyone have any  other good tips?

Does it actually crash, or just hang up not responding? If the latter, how long have you waited for it to "come to"?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
gary.lovegrove

Try moving the hatch origin closer to the hatch objects.

Message 5 of 9
d_reno
in reply to: rkmcswain

Still doing it today. Sigh. I gave it about 20 minutes this last time and finally killed the program to start over on unsaved work. This is the second time I have had to do this in the last half hour. I am so used to grabbing things to change their properties, been doing it for years, that I can't stop myself until it is too late.

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
Message 6 of 9
johngordon6189

assuming your software is up to date with service packs... you can also try using the -purge command to clean up the drawing a bit more (zero length geometry, empty text events, regapps....)

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 7 of 9
grafp

I had problems using associated hatching on profiles grades. Using C3d entiities as a hatch boundary can really confuse Autocad.

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Message 8 of 9
d_reno
in reply to: grafp

TURNS OUT i HAD A CORRUPTED PROFILE. demin caps. There were a few other things, like AUDIT taking an extraordinarily long time to finish. I made a new profile and that solved the hatch thing. Thanks for the input.

dr

David Renaud, RLS
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
Message 9 of 9
mconosciani

i had this problem before, simply make your hatch scale larger like a 100 or select a hatch types that is not so busy like ansi32. once you adjust the scale/type, the hatch will quickly load and not crash your file. hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report