Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2013 Layer Dialog - Layer pane not updating to selected filters

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petrocat
409 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2013 Layer Dialog - Layer pane not updating to selected filters

I'm having issues with Civ3d 2013. I pushed off upgrading from 2012 because of the format change and the service pack release. I was hoping little glitches would be fixed.

Here are the  a couple of glitches to date that I have seen no resolution to in the long list of threads.

1. Layer filters do not filter, unless I have checked "Apply filter to toolbar". The problem is, I dont want to apply them to the toolbar.

2. Publishing to PDF - when set to lines merge (set in the page layout and the publish setting), the wipeouts dont work, and the background masks on leaders makes a faint border around the text in the PDF. When set to overwrite, to get the wipeouts to not print to the PDF as a big black blob, they have to be on a layer set to color 255. I can work around most of the wipeouts, except for dimensions because the background mask doesn't seem to take.

another complaint that doesn't have anything to do with AutoCAD, but since I'm venting... we just got a KIP 7100 printer/scanner. WORST printer/scanner we've ever had. Period. Getting the right driver, then getting the driver to produce good drawings to the correct paper size was ridiculous, and the gray shades look like we're using a big dot matrix printer. Scanning is the most painful thing; compared to the Xerox 6204 we gave up, the quality is poor and PDF file sizes are huge.

If you know an answer to the top two issues, I'd appreciate insight.

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: petrocat

Your title says MEP, then your post says Civil 3D.  Which one is it?  However, that's irrelavent.  Do you have unreconciled layers?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
petrocat
in reply to: petrocat

it was copied from another forum. Just seeing anyone has seen something similar with their version of 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report