Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Exchange Apps in Civil 3D - Ribbon Mess up

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
StephenMBindon
1436 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD Exchange Apps in Civil 3D - Ribbon Mess up

I have installed a number of Exchange Apps to my AutoCAD 2013 (part of Infrastructure suite Premium) - all loads nicely on to the plug-ins panel.

Back in Civil 3D 2013 however, each tool has been given its own add-ins, or plug-ins ribbon panel - not very useful after installing about 20 apps so now have 20 individual ribbon panels with a single tool on each.

How to combine them back to what AutoCAD 2013 has one  -all on the single plug-ins panel?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
neilyj666
in reply to: StephenMBindon

This is a great question - I've got this annoyance in 2013 as well.

I suspect there won't be an easy fix though......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: neilyj666

me 2

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12

They were informed of that in the Beta cycle well before 2013 was released, but it apparently remains broken.

Message 5 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: TerryDotson

it seems to be across all 2013 autocad based products

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
TerryDotson
in reply to: DarrenP

Across all verticals, but base (vanilla) AutoCAD works, they all show line up in one Plug-Ins tab.

Message 7 of 12
tyronebk
in reply to: neilyj666

It's actually not a difficult fix. The problem is that the Civil 3D Add-ins tab is somehow not properly configured. The solution is to simply add a new ribbon tab to your main CUI (must be the main CUI and not the enterprise). Either copy the ribbon tab from a proper ACAD.cuix or just create one with the name Plug-ins with an alias of ID_ADDINSTAB (see attached image). Now add that tab to your desired workspaces. I don't think you can simply rename the Civil 3D Add-ins tab; I recall having mixed results doing that.

The not so easy part of the solution is to get the plug-ins that you have already installed sorted out. This can be accomplished by one of two ways. Either manually editing the main CUI to remove the plug-in ribbon tabs (and panels) from all the workspaces (might as well get rid of the useless Civil 3D Add-ins tab too), then adding back in all the ribbon panels which should now be merging as expected. The easier solution is to just unload all the partial plug-ins CUI files, then restart Civil 3D and all of the plug-ins should load back up merged into the 'correct' Plug-ins tab.

This problem was around in 2012 too and I'm pretty sure I filed a report about it. It's really a straight forward fix so it's a shame it wasn't sorted out before pushing 2013 out the door.

Message 8 of 12
neilyj666
in reply to: tyronebk

Great catch - this seem to work just fineSmiley Happy

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 9 of 12

Augusto Goncalves had a great post explaining the issue for Civil3D. See this link below:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/12/duplicated-add-ins-tab-on-civil-3d.html?utm_sou...

Steve Hill
Civil Designer / .NET Developer
AutoCAD Certified Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn

Please select the Accept this solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 10 of 12
msmith
in reply to: stevenh0616

A combination of Augusto & tyronebk's methods yielded perfect results

1. Follow Stevenh/Augusto's post to add the "Civil 3D Add-ins" tab to workspace.
2. Now unload all of the partial cuix's installed by the plug-ins.
3. Restart Civil 3D
Done!

Thanks!
Message 11 of 12
tyronebk
in reply to: msmith

It looks like Autodesk did actually correct the misconfigured Add-ins tab in the CUIX for 2013 (and 2014). My testing was obviously rushed and/or faulty. In 2014 the tab is also added to the workspace by default so these workarounds should no longer be needed unless you have customized your CUI to break it.

If you are using 2012, you will need to fix the Add-ins tab as described in my post above.

My only wish now would be for Autodesk to use the same naming convention between AutoCAD (Plug-ins) and Civil 3D (Add-ins). It would make supporting users just a little easier.

Message 12 of 12
Sportyyyy
in reply to: tyronebk

It is not fixed in Civil 3D 2013 as I had to fix it myself using the steps in the previous post by msmith (me).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report