Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D ®2013 Service Pack. --> Please tell me one is due out soon!!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
pmascaro
3843 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D ®2013 Service Pack. --> Please tell me one is due out soon!!

Hi All,

I have to say this is the most UNSTABEL, unpredictable & probably the slowest version of Civil 3D in quite some time!!

Please tell me that there is a service pack on the way…

Bugs that came with the first 64bit version of Civil 3D (like when you switch from one drawing to another and the program goes into tile mode in windows so you have to re-maximize it) were re-introduced in this version. Which is a pretty minor inconvenience compare to all of the other daily bugs, random halts and things that stop working right.

Support tells me to run a repair or re-install, but it came like this out of the box.... It needs a service pack, not cookie cutter troubleshooting...

Etc. etc. etc.

-Paul

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
gjcbachman
in reply to: pmascaro

I agree!!

My Problems:

1.  Erase, Pick, Remove, Crash

2.  No drawing preview in open dialog box but it's there in the saveas box.

3.  Drawing gets very slow after adding section lines (drawing specific, might be corrupted from my #1 crash).

4.  UNDO - sometimes it works ok and sometimes it doesn't.  Worked fine in other versions.

5.  Less stable than 2012

I'm not the only one with these problems.  I've had them from the start and don't see how a repair or reload will help.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 3 of 28
pmascaro
in reply to: gjcbachman

Yes, the undo drives me & my group nuts!!!

I think I've figured out what causes it though...

Panning and Zooming w/ the mouse while you're

working w/ C3D objects. It's as if C3D is reading each sensitive touch of the mouse as a zoom and it has to undo like 100 of those to get to what you are actually trying to undo...

(Funny, My reseller support says they never heard of this and this was the fix that they told me to reinstall for.. LOL!.. Happy to hear I'm not the only one...)

E.G. Work in section.... zoom out w/ mouse... pan over to area of the surface you want to modify... edit surface.... zoom back to section to see results... don't like results... undo... UGH!! have to undo all of those zooms.... Happens when working w/ points too...

It's like undo isn't working, but I think it is, you just don't know it because it's not grouping the zoom as one command it's undoing like 100+ zooms before you actually see it do something...

I've had some success in undoing then doing a very small zoom or hitting space bar & enter in-between undo's I guess it clears the ram of the zooms and allows you to undo again...

Like I said, I think this is what is happening, but I'm not the expert / programmer.... (Autodesk??)

Message 4 of 28
gjcbachman

I've made sure that the UNDO command is set to Combine zooms and pans and turned Auto on because it is supposed to group macros.  Most of the time this seems to work ok but every once in awhile it takes way to many undos to get to where I want to be.

In previous versions I didn't have to change any settings and it seemed to work fine.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 5 of 28
pmascaro

Yup, Mine is set that way... Same problem...

Another major problem I have is C3D coming to a halt when transferring or saving or doing anything with large amounts of data... (AutoCAD Data... Not C3D Object Data)

If I copy (lets say 100) poly line contours from one drawing and paste them into another drawing it takes at least 10 min's in C3D. If I do the same in AutoCAD or Map 3D it takes 10 seconds...

I've had my C3D lock up for over 30 min's doing mundane copy and paste routines...

Message 6 of 28
jswany82

Same problems here.  It doesn't seem possible to mess up the Undo command, but thank you Autodesk for proving that any command can get screwed up. 

Not only do we have the problem with it taking forever to undo, but we also get the message “Warning! The undo file length is xxxxx bytes. Undo will be automatically disabled at 1750000000 bytes to prevent overflow. You can clear the undo file by turning undo off and then on again via the undo command.”  Didn't happen until we switched from 2011 to 2013 and nobody seems to know how to fix it. 

Maybe they need to add a "classic undo" so we can go back to what worked.

Message 7 of 28
pmascaro
in reply to: jswany82

Autodesk, Feel free to chime in at any time.... You know, let us know that you understand there are a lot of bugs with this release and that your team is diligently working on it... Some sort of fluffy message.... Don't worry one is coming soon... Expected release date.... Any comment on the matter would be great....

Message 8 of 28
pmascaro

Thought everyone would get a kick out of this one....

Error.png

Message 9 of 28
derel

How about label masking, are any of you having issues with it?  We use label masking on just about everything and when in paperspace if you have any plotstyle selected the masking shows solid black and you can't see the text.  Doesn't matter where the file orginated or what type of plotstyle, OOTB or not - happens everytime.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 10 of 28
gjcbachman
in reply to: derel

We use color 255 in a bubble that sometimes turns the same color as the text.  I can change the text color so I can see it but I have no idea what causes it to happen.  It's only happened to me on 2 or 3 drawings.  At the same time if I'm using a text masking for a C3D label the background turns a reddish color.  The only good thing is that it only looks like this on the screen but plots as it should.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 11 of 28
pmascaro

Are you both referring to DText Text Masks? Like with wipe out frames? Or actual Civil 3D object labels that are not appearing correctly?

Message 12 of 28
gjcbachman

I haven't noticed it with Mtext masking just with Civil 3D labels and a custom bubble attribute block that I use in the multileader.  The masking in the C3D label turns a reddish color and the solid hatch that is color 255 in the block turns cyan (the same color as the attribute text).  So far this happens to both in the same drawing.  It only happens to the bubble block in the multileader not if it is inserted into the drawing as a regular block.  I've just started using the multileader in the last couple of months, prior to that I had never had either problem.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 13 of 28
sharshbarger

I'm having almost all the above issues too.  What happen to the hotfix 2 that was posted?  I did install it, but nothings changed.

Message 14 of 28
pmascaro
in reply to: sharshbarger

undo-error.png

Message 15 of 28
pmascaro

1/2 hr to copy and paste some AutoCAD Nodes (Not C3D Points) a few poly lines and some text from 1 drawing to another.

Copy_Paste.png

Message 16 of 28
pmascaro

Any news???

This is ridiculous that I have to crash out of civil 3D and open map 3d to copy and past or bind an xref....

Grrr....

Message 17 of 28
DarrenP

its out now

you can only get it through the commication center in Civil 3d

attached is the read me

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 18 of 28
pmascaro
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks! Would you mind providing a link? I can't find it anywhere....

Message 19 of 28
DarrenP

read above thread

it hasn't been posted to the autodesk website yet

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 20 of 28
pmascaro

Nevermind, I found it by logging in through my Civil 3D for a live update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report