AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

wes
wes
Message 1 of 3 (191 Views)

AutoCAD C3D 2013 Parcel question?

191 Views, 2 Replies
11-27-2012 04:20 AM
  • I am having a problem with my area calcs in the Parcel creator. Who should I talk to? The guys in my office say to just do the calcs the old way. My thought is that we all just installed the C3D 2013 infrastructure design programs and we need to figure out how to use it fully. I simply need to find out who is the guru in this area so that I can get some training on the program.
    I am doing a 2500 acre survey and dividing it up into four tracts due to inheritance issues. When I calculate the boundary of each tract and convert to a Parcel by object "polyline", the acreage is slightly larger than when I do a regular "key in the call" mapcheck for closure. I have the job set up in nad 83 state plane central texas. I can not find a scale factor in the drawing settings that I think should fix the issue.
    Any help would be great,
    Thanks,
    Wes
*Pro
dgordon
Message 2 of 3 (153 Views)

Re: AutoCAD C3D 2013 Parcel question?

11-28-2012 01:19 PM in reply to: wes

some of your lines have a z elevation other than zero.   This may be throwing off the calculation.

also i'm not sure if us survey ft  instead of international ft has anything to do with it.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Distinguished Mentor
Pointdump
Message 3 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: AutoCAD C3D 2013 Parcel question?

11-28-2012 02:55 PM in reply to: wes

Wes,

Try flattening your points to elevation, thusly:

Flatten2.PNG

You'll need to do that on each of your point styles. For more info, check here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Flatten-point-styles-to-elevation/m-p/3630018/highlig...

Dave
Mohave Valley, Arizona

HP DV7 Laptop
Intel Core i7-3820QM 3rd Generation Quad Core 2.7 GHZ CPU
16 GB DDR3 RAM ( 2 DIMM ) / 180 GB SSD
Nvidia GeForce 650M Graphics w/2 GB Memory
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs