AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

domagojh
Message 1 of 3 (1,526 Views)

AutoCAD 2012 Windows 8 64 bit Crashing

1526 Views, 2 Replies
12-17-2012 03:18 PM

Hi,

I have windows 8 on new asus laptop N56VZ. Installed civil 3d 2013 with no problems (i see some people have problems with installing) but it doesnt work normal. It crashes every time i try to edit an alignment, old or new.

I had windows 8 beta on an older asus laptop and civil 3d work there normally. Then I upgraded it to win 8 and it started crashing like described.

Today i bought that new asus n56vz with windows 8 and it is crashing. Are there any solutions for this?

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 3 (1,510 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2012 Windows 8 64 bit Crashing

12-17-2012 04:31 PM in reply to: domagojh

The solution is to install Win 7.  Win 8 is not a supported operating system.  That said, maybe there are others here who have some ideas and workarounds.  Hopefully for you and others who have installed Win 8 there are ideas out there.  

Win 8 was released well after C3D so I would not expect it to work properly.  i can hope it doesn, but I certainly wouldn't expect it.

Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Contributor
rsBria
Message 3 of 3 (1,059 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2012 Windows 8 64 bit Crashing

02-08-2013 08:59 PM in reply to: domagojh

Plagued by this problem as well. Got a new laptop. It came with windows 8 installed.  Trying to avoid purchasing and loading Windows 7 (though I love W7 and would have preferred the pc come with it loaded).  Is anyone having any luck with W8, and did you make any adjustments to achieve stability?  Thanks for any input.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs