Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Corridor Feature Lines?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
randyspear6624
5502 Views, 6 Replies

Auto Corridor Feature Lines?

What's the point in using these if they don't stay up to date with the corridor. I've noticed this on several occasions and versions.

Is this one of those features that is marketed but not actually recommended for use?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

When the feature lines are being created from the corridor, there is a check box for "Create dynamic link to the corridor". Is this box checked?

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 7
doni49
in reply to: randyspear6624

Also:  what version of C3D are you using?  It would be helpul to provide this info in case it is in fact a bug.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 7
randyspear6624
in reply to: doni49

Yes, the check box to keep the dynamic link is checked. This has happened in the 2012 and 2014.

Message 5 of 7
ksorsby

I often get zero levels along feature lines with dynamic links to corridors. Sometimes the line stops following the road channel too and just cuts across the curvature.
Neither of these happen if I remove the dynamic link.

Kevin
Message 6 of 7
randyspear6624
in reply to: ksorsby

yup, i still maintain that this doesn't work. I have an auto corridor line on my ROW and when I edit the profile and update the corridor, there are some PI's that either aren't updating or are updating incorrectly.

this means alot of rework everytime.

I'm on c3d 2014 SP2 

Message 7 of 7
PBriedis

Long time since the last post but when creating the dynamic featureline, ensure it's site is different from the corridors. I find that cleans up the zero vertex issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report