Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes with points

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
232 Views, 2 Replies

Attributes with points

Hi, I'm having problems getting point attributes in while importing points. Basically I have 3 attributes I'm trying to import, lat, long, and the WellNo. For lat and long I use grid northings and easting from the drop-down list under the undefined tabs when making a point file. For the WellNo I select the user-defined option in the drop-down and name it WellNo and then I select the string option because that's the kind of value it is. When I bring the points in they appear at the correct locations but the WellNo doesn't come in. Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Are the Lat and Long the position of the point or do you have grid coordinates and want the Lat and Long as descriptors. Are you using a Point Label style that would normally display the description? If so. Do you need to update the Point Group.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps I may not be following this just right.  I would just make a point label.  Use the label to show Lat, Long and your description would be the Well No.

OR is this what you are doing?

How are you importing these points.  Example of your text file may help.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report