Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Table Data to Polylines

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
christoncano
1733 Views, 9 Replies

Attach Table Data to Polylines

I need to know how to attach data through tables to a polyline.  For Instance... I am drawing a surveyed property and I want Attribute data attached to it such as Land Owner and County.  Would it be possible to add Attributes inside the property then attach the data somehow through a table?  I know it can be done cause I've seen it before.

Thanks,

Chris

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I'd like to know as well...

Message 3 of 10
doni49
in reply to: christoncano

Welcome to the forum!  You're asking about GIS and that's a big topic.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 10
Alex.Strittmatter
in reply to: doni49

I'm trying to create attributes such as a name and a number to a polyline. I have a lot of polylines that will require the same type of attributes just with different names and numbers. I don't really know how to create the table which I believe is how you create the attribute and then I also don't know how to attach that to the specific polyline it is for. Can you help?

Message 5 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: Alex.Strittmatter

Open the Planning and Analysis workspace.

Go to the Map Setup tab and find Define Object Data. Create your table structure there.

One the table is created, go to the Create tab and find Attach/Detach object data.

Use Map Annotation tools on the Annotate tab to annotate those data to the drawing if needed.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Alex.Strittmatter

Here are a couple links to hopefully help.

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Map%203D%202010%20User%20Documentation/HTML%20Help/i...

http://mms.nps.gov/gis/applications/documents/cadgis_rev1d.pdf

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 10
Neilw_05
in reply to: tcorey

You can also generate links to a table such as a spreadsheet or database. Once the links are created you can then generate polylines that have the table attributes attached, although that may not be necessary depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

All that you'd need are pieces of text containing an identifier that corresponds with a field in the table placed somewhere within a closed area. See the Map help system for creating links to data tables.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 10

Great question, gentlemen.

Never heard about OD automatically attached to not-closed polylines, but I feel it's doable in Qgis environment (via EHANDLE attribute).

Message 9 of 10
Neilw_05
in reply to: antoniovinci

You can create a polygon topology which does not require closed polylines. The line segments will not have the table attributes applied to them however. Again that may not be necessary. That depends on what your end goal is.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 10 of 10

Thanks guys I got what I needed. I appreciate all the help. I also want to thank Jeff_M for the video he uploaded to me on messager. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report