Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At volume calculation program Autocad Civil 3d 2011 takes off

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
m45bgz
1411 Views, 3 Replies

At volume calculation program Autocad Civil 3d 2011 takes off

Good afternoon all! I had a problem. I work in Autocad Civil 3d 2011. Has created two surfaces from groups of points. I create the third surface "Surface TIN for volume calculation". The program works normally, the volume in properties of a surface pays off. But as soon as I create the fourth surface "a surface for calculation of volumes of quadras." The program or takes off or gives out an error, depending on grid parameters. For example, grid parameters I take 25м*25м, the program long thinks and the window "an error takes off at surface creation". If I choose grid parameters 5м*5м - the program writes "a fatal error. There is not enough memory - appendix closing" also takes off. Prompt, in what a problem and how it to solve?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blanchm
in reply to: m45bgz

I believe you need to install Civil 3D 2011 Update 1. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15755400&linkID=9240698

There was a grid volumes issue that was fixed in the Update. This is from the Issues Resolved list:

Surface

• Changing the visual style of a drawing which contains a surface no longer causes AutoCAD Civil 3D to close unexpectedly.
  • AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer becomes unresponsive when creating a Grid Volume Surface.

Matt Blanchard

Autodesk, Test Development

Message 3 of 4
m45bgz
in reply to: m45bgz

Thank you very much, blanchm. Your answer has helped. The program has calculated all volumes. A question I close.

Message 4 of 4
wojtekmm13
in reply to: blanchm

Hello,

I have some problems with this update. I have install it and now I can not open my files whichI have done before update and containing a point cloud. If it is possible please help. Sorry for my English but I am from Poland and I don't know it perfect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report