Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assertion Failed: Removing something that wasn't added?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
coopdetat
2510 Views, 5 Replies

Assertion Failed: Removing something that wasn't added?

This is a new one for me.  I am not running any .net apps that are noit Autodesk's own and loaded by Autodesk without my direct request.  I took a snapshot of the error window and then I tried the Retry option.  AutoCAD C3D halted (crashed).  I suspect Abort or Ignore would have done the same but idk.

Any ideas what this is about (just curious - this post is to inform Autodesk since there was no report interface popup from this crash.

Assertion Failed

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: coopdetat

I've had that one as well but i don't have access to my PC at present to see if there was any conclusion.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 6
MikeEvansUK

I have been getting these in Civil3d 2013 since HF2.1 was installed whenever I run any of my custom .net functions.

I didn't install HF2.0 and SP1 has not removed this. If I click Ignore everything works fine & as expected and I do not recieve a crash.

It's really annoying but doesn't seem to be doing any harm.

M.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 6

I am running Windows 7 (64bit) with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 and I get this error once or twice a day. I can confirm that if you hit abort it will crash your AutoCAD, however as previously mentioned hitting Ignore seems to clear the error and allow you to keep working on your current drawing. I do not know how to reproduce the error, there are only 2 of us running 2014 in the office currently, and I am the only one getting the error. I have a brand new computer with fresh installs of windows and AutoCAD.

Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain

@coopdetat wrote:

This is a new one for me.  I am not running any .net apps that are noit Autodesk's own and loaded by Autodesk without my direct request.  I took a snapshot of the error window and then I tried the Retry option.  AutoCAD C3D halted (crashed).  I suspect Abort or Ignore would have done the same but idk.

Any ideas what this is about (just curious - this post is to inform Autodesk since there was no report interface popup from this crash.

Take a look at: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/TS22358998

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6
Cadguru42

I get an error similar to this all the time with hovering over the drawing tabs. It doesn't always happen, but it happens at least twice a day. I can hit ignore and nothing crashes, but it's extremely annoying. I never noticed this until I turned on drawing tabs in 2014.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report