Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly question: varying conditions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deltacoolguy
272 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly question: varying conditions?

I'm designing the reconstruction and widening of an old existing city street.  One side of the street is pretty straight forward and has a consistent off-set sidewalk for most of the length.

The other side of the street, though, has a plethora of varying conditions.  Some places there is an off-set sidewalk.  Some places there is no sidewalk, and new sidewalk will be added, but in places will dodge around existing trees that cannot be removed.  Sidewalk elevations will also very accordingly.  Some places there is no sidewalk, and there will be no new sidewalk.

The short question is... Will I have to create multiple assemblies for scenarios that constantly switch back-and-forth like that?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: deltacoolguy

You don't have to. There is a subassembly listed as ConditionalHorizontalTarget. Basically, if this can target a line (such as a polyline representing your new sidewalk) than do one thing, otherwise do something else. Click HERE for the help file on this subassembly.

Note: It seems that the image in the help file is for the conditional cut/fill subassemblies.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3

I agree with Brian, conditional horizontal is the way to go.  I use it for driveways.  I have two layers, DWY_LT and DWY_RT, I then place a polyline longitudinally along the corridor at each driveway location.  I use these as targets "by layer" so that it finds them all at once.  So, the assembly has a conditional horizontal for each side and a sub-assembly attached that represents the driveway.  You don't have to worry about the NOT Found condition if you don't want anything else to happen.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report