Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly help

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
GuillermoAQ
844 Views, 9 Replies

Assembly help

I need to create a cut and fill. the fill will required to have riprap at 1.5m depth.

I have tried using diferents assemblies: BasicSideSlopeCutDitch and also DaylightMultiIntercept but I can't get results. Maybe I am not using the right parameters?

Could you please suggest an assembly to accomplish this task. See attached

I also will nedd to calculate the rip rap amount.

Civil 3d 2011

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sboon
in reply to: GuillermoAQ

Both DaylightGeneral and DaylightStandard have options for placing lined materials on the daylight slopes.  The problem is that the lining is drawn using vertical links down from the daylight link so it doesn't really get the wedge shape at the top correct.  What I've done in the attached assembly is add a link to move the daylight slope out 2.4m then added a generic sub to the edge of the lane to form the wedge shaped piece of riprap.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 10
GuillermoAQ
in reply to: sboon

Thanks sboon!

It seems that would work. Would you mind converting your attacment to 2010. I am unable to open it.

I really appreciated your help.

Guillermo

Message 4 of 10
sboon

I don't have access to the 2010 version any more, so you'll have to build your own assembly.  I've attached some screenshots showing the property settings that I used for the two subs.  Please note that the method of calculating the material thickness was changed (I believe in the 2011 version) so you will probably have to experiment with the numbers to get correct results.  I can't remember if 2010 has the generic ShapeTrapezoidal sub or not, but there is also another one called LinkMulti which you could substitute if necessary.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 10
sboon

More screenshots.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 10
GuillermoAQ

Thanks once again Steve

I should be able to follow your screen shots 🙂

Guillermo

Message 7 of 10
GuillermoAQ

ok, I thought I had it figure it out but I guess not.

I am having problem with the parameters. My daylight is going crazy everywhere.

I will be posting some screen shots of the 3d surface, section and the parameters use for the Assembly.

Any suggestions?

Thnaks,

Guillermo

Civil 3d 2011

Message 8 of 10
GuillermoAQ

screeshots 2

Message 9 of 10
GuillermoAQ

screeshots3

Thanks,

Guillermo

Message 10 of 10
sboon

The logic for the DaylightGeneral sub is to try the Flat Fill slope first.  If that doesn't work either because of the height limit or because the daylight link can't intersect the surface then it tries again with the Medium Fill slope.  If that doesn't work then it steps to the Steep fill slope.  In your screenshots it looks like you don't have enough surface width for the flat slope to catch on some sections so it's going to the medium value which you have set to 0.1/1

For the riprap shape the sub is looking at the slope of the daylight link to choose which material to apply and what thickness to use.  Your settings for 0.1/1 are much thinner than the 1.5m that you had in the sketch.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report