Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tr4driver
211 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly Help

Greetings,

I'm trying to create an assembly that consists of two curbs sub-assemblies that are tied to independent alignments with a pavement section in between them.  I have been successful in actually creating an assembly with the two curb sections, but I cannot figure out how to define a line or pavement section that will connect one gutter to the other.

I have one curb tied to the main baseline and the other tied to an offset.  I have assigned horizontal alignments and profiles to the baseline and the offset.  The curbs actually place where I want them when viewed with the section editor.  I had thought that I could use the LinkToMarkedPoint subassembly and simply attach it to the gutter of one curb and to a marked point on the gutter of the other curb, but I can't get it to actually work.

Again, the curb alignment and profiles are completely inindependentf one another, and I need a way to define a pavement section (or just a surface) between the two gutters.

Thanks,

Kurt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you use the marked point and the link to marked point you need to make sure that marked point is on the inside curb and the link is on the outside curb. The corridor process from middle to the right and then again from the middle to the left.

The other way to do this would be to NOT model the middle. If you make a corridor surface from the top links, the surface should jump across the gap and fill between the curbs.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you.  Flipping the sides for the mark and link worked!

I hadn't thought about not actually needing to model the middle, but that seems like it would work as well.

Kurt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report