Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies not shown in sections

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
308 Views, 5 Replies

Assemblies not shown in sections

I've got a corridor created, the profile done and the assemblies created.  I've attched the assemblies to the regions & they are shown when I view/edit the corridor sections, but when I plot the sections they're not plotted.

It worked before on another small job that I was using to teach myself C3D, but I just can't figure out what's going on here.  I've looked at the section styles, the corridor styles & the assemblies themselves, but I can't find anything. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: Anonymous

If your corridor exists, but it is not in your section views, here are some things that can be wrong.

1. Your views are associated with an alignment other than the one that is defining the first baseline of your corridor AND you're not using 2012.
  2. You have not sampled the corridor in the views (look up Sample More Sources).
  3. Layer(s) is frozen.
  4. Your sample line(s) is not orthagonal AND you're not using 2012.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks for your help.

1) I can see them & pick them when I view/edit corridor sections, but they don't plot.

2) I've sampled the existing surface & the finished surface.  I take it that's what you mean by sampling the corridor?

3) I've thawed & turned on all the layers, so that's not it.

4) I don't understand what you mean here.  I let C3D (I'm using 2011) create the sample lines.

Message 4 of 6
mathewkol

You need to sample the corridor, not necessarily the surface made from it. Click on a view, sample more sources, and make sure your corridor is sampled.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks, that was it!

Message 6 of 6
hmartinez5

Sorry to tag along to this tread but I have a similar problem. Some of my assemblies are only showing on certain stations. If I view the stations on the cross section editor, the corridor looks just fine, but when I go to the section sheet where the corridor is x-referenced, the driveway disappears.

I have rebuilt the corridor numerous times, detached and reattached the drawing, made a new drawing and recreated the sample lines to no avail. Attached are some pictures to show the disappearing driveway on the right side of the street.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report