AutoCAD Civil 3D General

vmorales
Message 1 of 3 (164 Views)
Accepted Solution

Assemblies/Corridors

164 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2013 09:01 AM

I am trying to create a corridor which would use the lip of curb existing elevations on both sides of the road.

I'm not sure where exactly I would target these points.

Would I do this in the assembly or the corridor?

The subassembly I used was LaneOutsideSuperLayerVaryingWidth, but it asks me for a slope.

I want the slope to depend on the existing elevations at lip of curb.

I'm new to Civil3d, only been using it about a year. Currently 2014.

I'm sure it's something simple.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Active Contributor
hmartinez5
Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: Assemblies/Corridors

11-01-2013 11:12 AM in reply to: vmorales
If the distance from your alignment to the lip of curb is constant, simply create a "Surface Profile" from the alignment and make that profile the elevation target in the corridor parameters.

If the distance is irregular, create an additional alignment which follows the lip of curb. Create a "Surface Profile" from the additional alignment and use as the elevation target in the corridor parameter.
vmorales
Message 3 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: Assemblies/Corridors

11-01-2013 12:45 PM in reply to: vmorales

That worked. Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs