Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As-built vs Proposed pipe runs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chopkins
177 Views, 4 Replies

As-built vs Proposed pipe runs

LD3 automatically inserts pipe junctions at my structures even if I define independent pipe runs and alignments. How does LD3 know if nearby (in plan) pipes enter a structure? Spatial tolerance? My major problem is trying to enter as-built information in the same file/project as I had originally designed the systems - I get overlap. I've defined new runs and new alignments, but my profiles still show proposed AND as-built pipes in my structures. I've even changed the name of the structure thinking that might be the way the database links the systems.... it didn't help. Any suggestions? Or do I have to create a new project?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chopkins

Hi, Creating a new project would definitely work. Another solution is to create a new pipeworks.mdb file. Rename the file that contains all the design data to something other than pipeworks.mdb. Now, when you create your new runs, LDT will create a new pipeworks.mdb file. If you need to switch back to the design, rename the current pipeworks.mdb file to something else and rename the old file back to pipeworks.mdb. Or you could simply make a new project. Brian "chopkins" wrote in message news:13469363.1092333443645.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > LD3 automatically inserts pipe junctions at my structures even if I define independent pipe runs and alignments. How does LD3 know if nearby (in plan) pipes enter a structure? Spatial tolerance? My major problem is trying to enter as-built information in the same file/project as I had originally designed the systems - I get overlap. I've defined new runs and new alignments, but my profiles still show proposed AND as-built pipes in my structures. I've even changed the name of the structure thinking that might be the way the database links the systems.... it didn't help. Any suggestions? Or do I have to create a new project?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

By the way, you'll probably get more answers to this if you post in the LDT newsgroup rather than the Civil3D newsgroup: autodesk.land-desktop Brian
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You may want to ask in the LDD forum as well, but: I think the way to take of this is a seperate project. You can then reference your original drawings to see the differences. Other wise I think you will always get overlap. Thanks, Conan Witzel
Message 5 of 5
chopkins

I appreciate your help, guys. I didn't even think of multiple databases... Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report