Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area for Hatches

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrisdavis5201
967 Views, 4 Replies

Area for Hatches

OK, so something is going weird with my hatches. We are doing some cut/fill profiles for a county and I am hatching the two areas for the cut/fill. after I hatch the area, we are taking a calculation of the area to be cut/filled. It seems that randomly I can click (or list) the properties of a hatch and it will tell me the total area, but some of the hatches will not give me an area. It will do this no matter how I create the hatch. I have tried it being assocaite, annotative, ignoring the boundaries, selecting a polygon, or clicking inside the area to be hatched. If you look at the images below, you will see that the green hatch only shows an elevation in the geometry section, while the red hatch shows and area and cumulative area in the geometry section. Both hatches were created the exact same way. Anyone know why this is and a fix?

Thanks,
Chris

Green_Hatch.jpg

Red_Hatch.jpg 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: chrisdavis5201

Do a map clean on the boundary or redraw it. Overlapping segments and/or pseudo nodes may be the culprit .

I'm curious; have you investigated any of the c3d functionality to give you areas of materials in section and profile?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe, can you tell me how to get the area of the hatch from profile views (when you ask the software to hatch area of cut or fill in a profile view)?
Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

probly should have stopped at section (could have painted myself into a corner) but there are ways:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Looking-for-area-between-profiles/m-p/3841909...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Looking-for-area-between-profiles/m-p/3841909...

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: chrisdavis5201

I just tried something this morning and it appears to work and is dynamic: I isolated the porfile lines added assocative hatches on a no plot layer and labled with an ACAd object field for the area. When I changed any of the profile the hatch and label update. One caveat is you cannot change the profile view style; in doing so the hatc appears to loose association, but its no big deal to redo 

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report