Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area and Volume in each section

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lefagara
595 Views, 5 Replies

Area and Volume in each section

Como puedo hacer para colocar con un texto el área y el volumen en cada  vista de sección de alineamiento en Civil 3D 2011

How can I do to put a text area and volume in each section alignment view in Civil 3D 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ericcollins6932
in reply to: lefagara

go to toolspace/settings tab/general/label styles/shape

You have a Standard style.

copy it and Right-click, edit the copy.

On the Layout tab, under text/contents, click on the ellipsis (...)

The Text component editor - Contents opens

change the properties to shape area.

fix the properties and hit the right arrow right of the shape area dropdown to copy the label to the feature.

The problem with volume is a shape/section is 2D, there is no volume in a section.

go to general/multipurposes styles/code set styles/standard, edit it, and under shape label style, choose standard, not <none>

Now go through the process of creating sections from a corridor and it should auto-label each section.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 6
lefagara
in reply to: ericcollins6932

Please me explain in more detail since I do what I say, but do not work me

Por favor  me explicas de una manera más detallada ya que hago lo que me dices pero no me funciona

Message 4 of 6
ericcollins6932

I have attached my metric template in a zip file for you to steal the Pavement Structure label style that I have set up that shows area in square meters.

Open your drawing. Create a new empty drawing using the attached template. In the empty drawing, got to Toolspace and the Settings tab. Open General/Label Styles/Shape and copy by dragging and dropping the pavement structure style to your drawing. You can rename it if you like before you drag and drop it to your file.

If you want another unit than Sq. m, Again, edit the label style, look at the layout tab. Under shape data under text  and contents it says <[Shape Codes(C...

Click on this and click on the ellipsis (,,,)

The text component Editor opens - look at Shape Area. On the right side click on the Shape Area Code. Change the precision and units and whatever you like. After changes, click the right arrow beside shape area to update the label format.

Press OK twice.

Note: The civil 3d metric template comes in square feet, not square meters by default - a bug I discovered.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 6

Hola amigos, soy nuevo en este foro, y me gustaría saber si alguien me puede ayudar con los datos de las secciones transversales, estoy usando el LAND 2004 y no encuentro la opción que me ponga las áreas en el dibujo de las secciones.

Vi que algunos lo pueden hacer con el CIVIL 3D y alguien tambien habÍa comentado que lo hacía con el LAND, por favor si no es mucha molestia me gustaría que alguien me explique o me envíe un archivo adjunto explicándome el proceso paso a paso

Message 6 of 6
troma

Land Desktop?

Have a look over here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/bd-p/83

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report