Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcgis for Autocad

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
dgordon
2527 Views, 23 Replies

Arcgis for Autocad

Has anyone downloaded this and installed it?   I was able to get the program installed and netloaded into c3d but when i went to access the esri online images it crashes C3D.

Has anyone had similar or different results?

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
susanhunter1
in reply to: Anonymous

I do all sorts of tasks so I look for solutions that seem to best fit problems. Sometimes it is "straight-up" mapping for a project, sometimes overviews, sometime analysis. If there are tools that I can take advantage of or integrate with what I am doing, I am willing to give them a shot. I'm interested in the new web-based information services ESRI is providing-new stuff seems to be rapidly accumulating there. I am just hoping that I will be able to access it if I want it without too much struggle. Since both C3D and ArcMap are fairly new products, I have not had a good chance to really explore how they interact yet. By the way, I like and use both systems; C3D is my everyday software, but I use the other too. Thanks for everyone's advice and input.

Susan

Susan H.
Message 22 of 24
jimmymn
in reply to: dgordon

I've been using the Plex.Earth software and it's really a neat solution to create mosaics with imagery tiles from GE.

Even more, considering the Google Earth capabilities to embed WMS, you can also create customized maps to import in AutoCAD.

http://www.plexscape.com/plexearth.aspx

Regards,

Jimmy

Message 23 of 24
dgordon
in reply to: Anonymous

i tried to use the wms connect to connect to every address in the example list.   I could not establish a connection to any of them.   There is either something wrong with my setup or all these sites are unavailable at this time in the morning?

If all these sites are gone, where would i find others to possibly connect to?

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 24 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: dgordon

Try the BLM's WMS/WFS connections:

http://www.blm.gov/nils/GeoComm/home_services.html

I've had success with these.

TdH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report