Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using Land Desktop Companion 2009?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
prasanthkpp
572 Views, 7 Replies

Anyone using Land Desktop Companion 2009?

i am using land desk 2009, can anybody help me out ?how can i interpolate existing levels from one existing surface to make uniform intervals, for example i have one existing surface which have 100 m length and width 50 m have some points, i need each 20m intervals levels to be plotted.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: prasanthkpp

It's not clear to me what you are wanting to do. I'll assume you want to show spot elevations on a 20m grid.

One solution is to use COGO points. To do that you can use the Points/Create Points-Surface/On Grid tool. Once the points are created, set them to display as needed.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 8
prasanthkpp
in reply to: Neilw_05

thank you very much, yeah same  what i want, still i have some clarification need if you dont mind please check attached sample file.

so its easy to understand from that file, which need that grid intersection to be  interpolated, i apperciate your help. thanking you again, prasanth.

(Eclose:sample.dwg) if you know Liscad its easy to inetrpolate by rectangle area  , it is possible in LD-2009?

Message 4 of 8
Neilw_05

It's still not clear to me what you are wanting to do. If you build a surface from your points you can then create COGO points on a grid using the surface. The COGO points will obtain their elevations of the surface at the point. Thus their elevations will be interpolated.

Of course you won't be able to interpolate elevations outside the extends of the surface so any grid points beyond the extents will have zero elevations..
WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 5 of 8
prasanthkpp

hi thank you Neilw,

grid working fine  i need to interpolate levels on that grid intersections, i want to create cross sections from eagle point, so this level interpolation required on 10 meter intervals, to get the cut fill volume accurate, i try this grid its ok, there is any other method u know i can make a boundary non standard size and inside that boundary i need full interpolated levels  some areas are curved so that i can make cross sections accurate from eagle point.

thank you very much,

regards prasanth.

Message 6 of 8
Neilw_05

All I can tell you is how to create points on a grid on an existing surface. There is no way to interpolate points outside of the surface extents since interpolation requires 2 known points. Anything beyond the extents of your known data is just a guess and is meaningless.

I don't know Eagle Point so I don't understand why you need to create interpolated points. Adding interpolated points to a surface does not increase the accuracy of quantities from the surface.
WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 7 of 8
prasanthkpp

thank you Neilw ,

appreciate your help , interpolating from surface with grid is enough , between two known points. method we have to click one by one x y offsets  if there is any other method to put grid offsets together? 

Message 8 of 8
Neilw_05

As I said earlier, when you create a grid on a surface, the points ARE interpolated.There is no need to manually pick 2 points and calculate the interpolated value. If you want to verify this, go ahead and create the grid then check the values using a calculator.
WIN 10 64 PRO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report