Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have some drafting supplies?

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Jeff_M
4183 Views, 22 Replies

Anyone have some drafting supplies?

I'm beginning to think that hand drafting and design with my trusty HP41CX would be faster, and safer, than what C3D is currently giving me. Every one of my Production Sheets, in a newly created SheetSet, with newly created ViewFrames, with newly created Data Shortcuts must now be manually Sync'ed at drawing open. Each drawing appeared to work fine, until I added some additional Dref's for the Pipe Networks (which were not in the drawing the Sheets were created from), a FG surface, and surrounding streets.

This is now such a time sink, and just flat out maddening, that I'm ready to go back to my roots in this field.

This affects C3D2012/SP2.1, C3D2013/SP1, & C3D2014. It did NOT occur with any version prior to C3D2012/SP2, nor in the initial release of C3D2013. Support says it is a known issue "for some data sets", well then I must be special because it's now happenning with every one I open. And I'm seeing more and more users post on here with the same, or nearly the same, problem. I had a project to get out today, I will most certainly NOT get it done now, thanks to this insane issue.

Yes, I'm frustrated and not very dang happy right now.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jeff_M

Great work Jay. Looks like the dref and xref of the same object(s) are creating some kinda circular or duplicate ref that's confusing C3D, no?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 22 of 23
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

yep this explains why my seemingly small files are dogs!

This certainly makes for a convoluted work flow since PP automatically drefs and xrefs (if separate files option is used) pipes as a matter of course.

So if you hold back the pipes in the dref then how do you get them in the profile views in the sheets?

this Sysaphian dilema

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 23 of 23
Jay_B
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks John, not sure of the cause but it does seem similar to a circular reference scenario.

Once the PN source Xref is detached, or merely unloaded as discovered by @Jeff_M, the issue goes away.

As far as I know this behavior hasn't changed from (at least as far back as 2011) to present.

I've not personally tested for this bug in 2015-2017 but based on replies here, it appears the issue still persists.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report