AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
greenju17
Message 11 of 15 (67 Views)

Re: Anybody else have this problem??

02-06-2014 12:56 PM in reply to: Jay_B

I understand that, but I have never had this problem before.  I have inserted tons of ticks, base point 0,0,0, and this has never happend before.

Even if something is inserted at 0,0,0, you are still able to zoom extents, see everything, and zoom right back to your drawing.

attached is my drawing

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 12 of 15 (62 Views)

02-06-2014 01:15 PM in reply to: greenju17

If I attach Markers using profile grade lines to Section Views I see this all the time here.

If some one has a way to avoid it I'm all ears because yes it can be annoying.

Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 13 of 15 (52 Views)

02-06-2014 02:13 PM in reply to: Jay_B

OK, I'm seeing this as well in the drawing greenju17 posted. It appears to be a bug in C3d. It is locating the markers correctly in the X direction, but no Y direction offset is applied to place them in the correct locations in the sectionviews. Submit bug reports, if you haven't already.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 14 of 15 (47 Views)

02-06-2014 03:36 PM in reply to: greenju17

Our issue is a lot different in that all of the extra Markers we see are around 0,0 and I haven't seen the issue described in your OP where you see the"already zoom in/out as far as possible" message.

When I switch from Layout to MS things go back to where I was prior to the switch.

In the attached drawing there are many markers directly below the section view. Haven't seen that one.

One thing that's different in our workflow is the alignments used for the utilities are "Miscellaneous" type rather than Centerline, (not sure that would even matter).

And then the EG surface is sampled for the profile grade lines so the bottom of the markers tie to EG.

Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 15 of 15 (43 Views)

02-06-2014 03:47 PM in reply to: greenju17

Like AllenJessup mentioned before, if you use the View command to create a model view (I call mine "Home") then no matter how far you find yourself away from the project, you can always type -v R Home and it goes back to where you want to be. It's really easy to set this up on a ribbon button if you don't like to type.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.