Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any surveyors out there? Create Corridor for upload into Leica 1200

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bennos1
581 Views, 3 Replies

Any surveyors out there? Create Corridor for upload into Leica 1200

Hi All,

I have been sent a file containing linework of a proposed road - 3d polylines for Centreline, shoulders, drainage and batters. All this was created in another software (12d model). What i'm trying to do is quickly create a corridor out of this linework.

The reason I would like to do this is I am hoping to work out a way to upload this information into my Leica 1200 (using road runner) as bundled information and hoping if it is a corridor it might be possible. Once in a corridor i will try to convert this to Leica format. I can already get the information in if I convert every line to an individual alignment but this is not what i want. I to be able to open the job in the Leica road runner and see the whole road (all lines) related to the centreline alignment only.

Can this be done? 

I can't attach the file as it is to big but would be happy to send it to anyone if needed.

Hopefully thanks in advance,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: Bennos1

I've not used the Roadrunner stuff, but depending on your version of C3D, you could consider just converting the lines to featurelines and then export them with the Lieca Export utility on myworld. It will export featurelines alignments etc....

I'm personally still trying to get Leica to play nice with C3D, the smartworks software just is not made to work with C3D OOTB, and just seems like a good GIS tool in  my opinion.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Bennos1

thanks for your reply RL

Message 4 of 4
matkain

Hi Ben

I know this was a few years ago, but did you have any luck? Are you still out there?

I too am a surveyor (in Australia) needing to convert lines to an alignment for use with Roadrunner as you needed.

I too can get each line as an alignment, but I want one alignment to relate to all. Or as Roadrunner shows, I want it  to be as a 'Layer'.

I've tried profiles, offset profiles, profile by layout except you can't offset them. I've teared my hair out, and broken many keyboards!!

How did you do it?

Mat K.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report