Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one, sections and quantity takeoff problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
136 Views, 2 Replies

Any one, sections and quantity takeoff problem?

Why the quantity takeoff earthworks.xls report give me false and wrong areas for my surfaces (area=0 in vs section inclusive.). I am
looking for what I'm doing wrong, because i create different surface, different alignment and the problem persist (the section draw is correct in the section views, but again, the area of quantity takeoff is wrong in many stations). Only the methods of surface menu work fine for volume result, but I need areas for stations and then, the volume.

This problem is because this feature don't work for simple surfaces(two EG surfaces for example) or the quantity takeoff is only for corridor sections?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it possible to post the criteria you used? and did you take care of proper name mapping between surfaces in criteria and surfaces (used for sections) in your current dwg? Quantity takeoff criteria is designed to be portable across the drawings and therefore names in it may not match to the surface names you choose. Please post a few more details (may be a dwg) to help you better. Thanks -- Chakri Gavini Autodesk, Inc. "aljareth_" wrote in message news:22295824.1105672005129.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Why the quantity takeoff earthworks.xls report give me false and wrong areas for my surfaces (area=0 in vs section inclusive.). I am > looking for what I'm doing wrong, because i create different surface, different alignment and the problem persist (the section draw is correct in the section views, but again, the area of quantity takeoff is wrong in many stations). Only the methods of surface menu work fine for volume result, but I need areas for stations and then, the volume. > > This problem is because this feature don't work for simple surfaces(two EG surfaces for example) or the quantity takeoff is only for corridor sections?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Check this and tell me what happened. This is for a exc. but is the same thing with other surfaces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report