Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another flow direction question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
d1of2
306 Views, 4 Replies

Another flow direction question

I have a linetype

*DIVERSION_LARGE,diversion large ---- >> ---- >> ---- >> ---- A,.5,-.2,["<<",standard,S=.15,r=0,U=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.2

when I draw a polyline, or use it as the linetype in a feature line style, the arrows seem to revrse whenever there is a change in direction any significance. Also, the reverse command and reversefeature command have no effect. Rotating a segment does not change the direction. I know I must be missing something.

in the attached, I have a feature line, and a polyline that the arrows change direction when the feature does.

thank you in advance for your help

Windows 7 64
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: d1of2

Try getting rid of the "u=0.0" portion of the linetype definition. This was added to linetypes to make the linetype "plan readable" which, you don't want.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
d1of2
in reply to: BrianHailey

no dice. I don't understand why the reverse command doesn't work.for plines or feature lines.

Windows 7 64
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1
Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Um.. I think line types are defined either left to right or right to left not both

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

Reverse work fine for us. Did you reload the linetype after saving Brian's revision and then regen the display? The regen is required to see the change.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report