Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative text moves when I change my PS scale

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GreenDCgirl
4109 Views, 2 Replies

Annotative text moves when I change my PS scale

Here's my issue:

My annotative text moves from its original place when I change my viewport scale. I tried to add the PS scale to my original xref, but when I click on the text, I can't change the "no" to "yes" on the options menu where it says annotative. PLEASE HELP!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmayo-EE
in reply to: GreenDCgirl

This is expected behavior. It allows you to have multiple locations/rotations for each scale.

If you place the text string someplace and you want this to carry over to the other scales then select the txt. Right click and go to the annotative object scale flyout in the menu that appears and select synchronize multiscale locations.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: jmayo-EE

As John said, it's common/expected behavior, usually caused when an annotative object with multiple scales is moved because only the representation for the current scale is moved, the others stay where they are.  When you syncronize the scales, they all move to the location of the scale that's current.

I did a short demo a while back for another user with a similar problem, maybe it will be of some use.

http://www.screencast.com/users/nestly/folders/Jing/media/ade67261-dd47-40a1-bc24-e60fd70d3791

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report