Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative blocks visible in some paperspaces, but not all

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnthoreson
239 Views, 2 Replies

Annotative blocks visible in some paperspaces, but not all

I copied two annotative, dynamic blocks from the paperspace of drawing A and pasted them into the paperspace of drawing B.

The blocks were visibile in drawing A, but not in B.  The layers for the blocks were turned on.  The annotation scale of each paperspace is 1" = 1' (which is all it can be, right?).

When I set the variable ANNOALLVISIBLE to 1 in drawing B, the blocks became visible.  I checked drawing A and the variable was set to 0, yet the blocks were visible.   

Any ideas what's going on?  Why weren't the blocks visible after being pasted into drawing B?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: johnthoreson

I have seen wierd things like this and determined that some blocks had named scales that were not in the other drawings.

But what puzzles me more; why does a dyno block in PS 1:1 need to be annotative?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
johnthoreson
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

The named scales issue makes sense, however I think something else is going on.  

I looked at the range of annotative scales in drawings A and B and as far as I can tell, they're the same (I went to model space and looked at the scale bar near the bottom of the screen).  The annotative scale of the block matches one of the scales listed in the drawings too (1"=1'), but will only show up in drawing A with ANNOALLVISIBLE set to 0.

I tried unchecking the Annotative Behavior box under the Block Definition window in drawing A and wasn't allowed to redfine the block since it references itself.  

Funny thing is, I was able to uncheck the box in drawing B, and now it shows up with ANNOALLVISIBLE set to 0.   

This block came to me from another consultant's drawing, so I don't know why it has to be annotative in paperspace either.  I suppose the goal was to have a single north arrow block that could be used in either model or paperspace.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report