AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 1 of 3 (1,287 Views)
Accepted Solution

Annotation Scale & Standard Scale of a Viewport

1287 Views, 2 Replies
01-22-2013 01:38 PM

The properties pallatte has both these scales listed.  In theory, they can be different.  But in practice they can't.  I would love to be able to plot my drawing at 1:1000 with the civil objects & labels scaled to 1:500 so they don't overwhelm the plan.  It would seem I should be able to simply set the viewport to have a standard scale of 1:1000 and annotation scale 1:500 and be done.  But it doesn't work.  It will always scale the annotative objects to the standard scale.

My workaround is to scale my sheet double size and plot it half size, to trick the Civil objects & labels.  But what? why? how is it meant to work.  Surely you can do better than this?!

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 3 (1,268 Views)

Re: Annotation Scale & Standard Scale of a Viewport

01-22-2013 04:36 PM in reply to: troma

No, you can't do better than this.  If you are using the AutoCAD annotative objects, them yes, it can work as you're thinking.  Not for Civil labels though.

Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 3 of 3 (1,257 Views)

Re: Annotation Scale & Standard Scale of a Viewport

01-22-2013 08:40 PM in reply to: troma

Civil 3D objects and labels were created prior to the annotation scale being a part of AutoCAD (2004 was the first "release" of Civili 3D and 2007 annotation scale was introduced into AutoCAD). Because of this, the Civil 3D objects have always reacted to the viewport scale. I agree, they should react to the annotation scale but they don't.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs