AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Valued Contributor
sam.cutbirth
Message 1 of 5 (1,926 Views)

Annotation Scale List

1926 Views, 4 Replies
05-15-2012 07:29 AM

Using Civil 3D 2012, is there a way to import/export a list of metric annotation scales for use in another drawing?

TIA,

Sam Cutbirth

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 2 of 5 (1,921 Views)

Re: Annotation Scale List

05-15-2012 08:15 AM in reply to: sam.cutbirth

The annotation scales are application specific, not drawing.  They are held in the registry.  What exactly are you trying to do?  If you want to add annotation scales to an object, you can select the object(s) add them from the properties dialog.

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, evaluating C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
Valued Contributor
sam.cutbirth
Message 3 of 5 (1,903 Views)

05-15-2012 01:31 PM in reply to: sam.cutbirth

acad.dwt, the template I use to create empty drawings with no styles or style based layers, comes with some metric annotation scales but I always have to make more if I have larger maps.  It would be nice to be able to export/import them, rather than what I do now, which is have a blank drawing with the extra scales in it and insert it as a block.

Thanks,

Sam

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 4 of 5 (1,884 Views)

05-16-2012 10:21 AM in reply to: sam.cutbirth

The default scale list (annotation scales) can be modified from the Options dialog box, User Preferences tab (in 2013), then they will be available all the time.

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, evaluating C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
*Expert Elite*
Sinc
Message 5 of 5 (1,853 Views)

05-20-2012 07:44 PM in reply to: LisaPohlmeyer

I was frustrated by this issue recently while doing some training for a government client.  In my past experience, I could "reset" the scales, and have them revert to the normal Imperial Civil scales.  In this case, they insisted on staying in Architectural scales (things like 1/8" = 1' and so forth).

I checked the UNITS settings, and everything else I could think of, but couldn't fix the problem.

Of course, this template started from someone at Colorado State Governement, who had also set ANGBASE=90 and ANGDIR=1, which took over an hour to figure out...  So who knows what sort of messes where created there.  I hate it when people change this sort of thing...  Makes a mess for people down-stream, who are puzzled about why things aren't working "normally"...

Sinc

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs