Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Scale List

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sam.cutbirth
5666 Views, 4 Replies

Annotation Scale List

Using Civil 3D 2012, is there a way to import/export a list of metric annotation scales for use in another drawing?

TIA,

Sam Cutbirth

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The annotation scales are application specific, not drawing.  They are held in the registry.  What exactly are you trying to do?  If you want to add annotation scales to an object, you can select the object(s) add them from the properties dialog.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
sam.cutbirth
in reply to: sam.cutbirth

acad.dwt, the template I use to create empty drawings with no styles or style based layers, comes with some metric annotation scales but I always have to make more if I have larger maps.  It would be nice to be able to export/import them, rather than what I do now, which is have a blank drawing with the extra scales in it and insert it as a block.

Thanks,

Sam

Message 4 of 5

The default scale list (annotation scales) can be modified from the Options dialog box, User Preferences tab (in 2013), then they will be available all the time.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I was frustrated by this issue recently while doing some training for a government client.  In my past experience, I could "reset" the scales, and have them revert to the normal Imperial Civil scales.  In this case, they insisted on staying in Architectural scales (things like 1/8" = 1' and so forth).

I checked the UNITS settings, and everything else I could think of, but couldn't fix the problem.

Of course, this template started from someone at Colorado State Governement, who had also set ANGBASE=90 and ANGDIR=1, which took over an hour to figure out...  So who knows what sort of messes where created there.  I hate it when people change this sort of thing...  Makes a mess for people down-stream, who are puzzled about why things aren't working "normally"...

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report