Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchor Label to True Geometry Location

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kbarnettza
606 Views, 5 Replies

Anchor Label to True Geometry Location

Greetings,

C3D 2013

Profile View Band Styles, Vertical Geometry and Horizontal Geometry types, include the option to Anchor Labels to True Geometry Locations.

I am not sure what this is.

Please refer me to an image/example showing the difference between the Anchor Label options (Segment in Band and True Geometry Location) in Vertical and Horizontal Profile View Bands.

Thanks a stack!

Kevin.

01.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: kbarnettza

Hi Kevin,

Please refer to the Help section in the screenshot for the meaning : http://screencast.com/t/gu0KrsG5x2

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 6
kbarnettza
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

: (  ... eveyone refers me to the help text, nobody can provide an example

: (

a picture is worth a thousand words (and NOT a picture of the text in the help file!, doh!)

Message 4 of 6
BrianHailey

C3D Help File Says: 
Segment in Band anchors the label in the middle of the drawn segment, regardless of of whether this is the true middle.

Basically, if the segment isn't entirely within the profile view, the label will be placed at the middle of the segment drawn.

C3D Help File Says:
True Geometry Location anchors the label to the true middle of the item being labeled. If this location is not shown in the profile view, the label components anchored to that point are not shown either.

Basically if the segment isn't entirely within the profile view, the label will be placed at the middle of the segment (not at it's drawn in the view, but the way it's defined). If that middle isn't within the view, no label is placed.

To sum up, using the first option, you will always get the label for the segment. Using the second option, you will only get the lable if the middle of the segment is shown.

I don't have C3D on this computer to create any images or visual aids so hopefully this helps.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 6
kbarnettza
in reply to: BrianHailey

thanks Brian that makes sense... I will try a test here, just to make sure... gimme about 30 minutes...

Message 6 of 6
kbarnettza

Aha!!! ... ok ...

Example, vertical curve ending beyond the profile view station end,

Sgment in Band option enabled:

inband.png

True Geometry Location option enabled:

truegeo.png

Thanks Brian!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report