Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient Settings for Grid Coordinate

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1471 Views, 3 Replies

Ambient Settings for Grid Coordinate

Under Ambient drawing settings my Grid coordinate is set to unit feet. I wish to change it to m however the setting is locked and I am unable to change it. How do I go about changing it. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Problem resolved. Forgot to apply a zone to the project. Also did not have the station unit under ambient settings set to metric." > Under Ambient drawing settings my Grid coordinate is set to unit feet. I > wish to change it to m however the setting is locked and I am unable to > change it. How do I go about changing it. > > Thanks > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you are a metric user I would suggest to set your default template as ACADISO.DWT or any other Civil3D metric templates (such as _Autodesk Civil 3D metric By layer' or one of your custom templates). If you have a dwt that started from acad.dwt - you may have to change units for all nodes in the ambient settings (besides changing in the units and zone); and also you have to recompose all your labels styles, as most of the standard styles would have imperial units (as you started dwg from imperial units!) Chakri Autodesk "Landman" wrote in message news:41a7acce$1_3@newsprd01... > Problem resolved. Forgot to apply a zone to the project. Also did not have > the station unit under ambient settings set to metric." > > > Under Ambient drawing settings my Grid coordinate is set to unit feet. I > > wish to change it to m however the setting is locked and I am unable to > > change it. How do I go about changing it. > > > > Thanks > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks. "Chakri Gavini" wrote in message news:41a8af44_3@newsprd01... > If you are a metric user I would suggest to set your default template as > ACADISO.DWT or any other Civil3D metric templates (such as _Autodesk Civil > 3D metric By layer' or one of your custom templates). > > If you have a dwt that started from acad.dwt - you may have to change units > for all nodes in the ambient settings (besides changing in the units and > zone); and also you have to recompose all your labels styles, as most of the > standard styles would have imperial units (as you started dwg from imperial > units!) > > Chakri > Autodesk > > > "Landman" wrote in message > news:41a7acce$1_3@newsprd01... > > Problem resolved. Forgot to apply a zone to the project. Also did not have > > the station unit under ambient settings set to metric." > > > > > Under Ambient drawing settings my Grid coordinate is set to unit feet. I > > > wish to change it to m however the setting is locked and I am unable to > > > change it. How do I go about changing it. > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report