Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All surfaces use the same layer for topo and tinn?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rocksolid82
387 Views, 3 Replies

All surfaces use the same layer for topo and tinn?

The issue i'm having now is that when i create a comparison surface, the tinn lines are created on the same layer as my existing surface. what's weird is that it didn't use to do this. so now whenever i try to turn off the tinn in the "edit surface style" all surfaces are either turned on or off. any way to fix this so that each new surface is given it's own display properties?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
devsi96
in reply to: rocksolid82

Click on the surface name in your prospector tab then right click on surface properties instead of surface style. That way it will only make changes to the one surface.

Message 3 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: rocksolid82

You can accomplish this by applying a different surface style to each surface.

or

Just have a library of styles that display various components of surfaces and apply those styles as needed. If the surface you're working with shows TIN lines, but you only want contours, apply the style that only shows contours.

In other words, don't modify the style to turn off the TIN lines, apply a different style to the surface.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
rocksolid82
in reply to: tcorey

For a while my computer would apply a different style without me having to manually change it. My boss's computer will still do this. For now i guess i'll keep changing the surface styles when i create a drawing.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report