Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my styles reverted back to standard

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
450 Views, 5 Replies

All my styles reverted back to standard

I have a dwg that just randomly decided to change all my styles back to mimick the standard. All on layer 0, and whatever color is in the standard style.

I tried to drag and drop the styles in again and just overwrite them, but autocad just changes it back to the standards. I also tried deleting the style and reinserting it with the same results.

Audit detects no errors.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you asking about Object Styles or Label Styles?

If you're saying all your layers in your Object Styles got set back to 0, that might not be a problem. Check in Edit Drawing Settings (Settings tab of Toolspace, right click your drawing's name.) on the Object Layers tab. You control default layers for objects here. In Object Styles, the layers are for the components. It is common to set these layers to 0 so that all components are placed on the same layer as the parent object. An example of a parent object is an Alignment and examples of components are lines, curves, and spirals.

If you're talking about Label Styles, I might have a clue if you're trying to figure out why the styles got set back to something else. If someone edits Label Style Defaults at the drawing level, it is very easy to reset all of your label styles to one layer. If you specify a layer and press the Child Override so that the small red x appears, you will send this layer name all the way down. That could be what happened. At the very least, everyone else beware.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Its all my styles.....surface styles, grading styles, alignment styles, etc. This happened while I was in the dwg, so its nothing that anyone actually changed.

I had isolated some layers, and when I unisolated, I saw that all my surfaces were displaying triangles. I went into the suface styles, and autocad had changed the styles I had setup.

I do leave certain components on the 0 layer, but I have specific ones that need to have an assigned layer.

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

I don't know what happened or why. But if you can't get if fixed in that drawing. I'd try copying all the entities and objects in the drawing and pasting them in to a new drawing created from your template.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

For now, I just went to a backup file from earlier, but that isnt to say that it wont happen again in this file or possibly another, so I would like to possibly figure out why this happened. Thanks for all the replies so far.

Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

If you're still on Subscription. I'd suggest opening a Support Request with Autodesk. They'll probably want to look at the drawing and can hopefully figure out what caused this.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report