Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment leader plot bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
apence
155 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment leader plot bug?

The dragged labels on my alignments and profiles are not working correctly. On the display, in paperspace, everything looks good, but when I plot, the leaders are covering up some of the text.

When I move the leader to the left of the object, the text switches to the left of the leader, but the leader is formated for text to the rt. Just the opposite when I move the text to the other side. This seems to be the same no matter what settings I use for the leader.

Is this a bug or a corrupt file. Can it be fixed. Like I said, everything looks good on the screen, but the Plot preview shows the error. It looks bad and it is hard to read with the leader line going through the text.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: apence

Have you done a regenall before printing? Bill "apence" wrote in message news:7276.1109611831562.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The dragged labels on my alignments and profiles are not working correctly. On the display, in paperspace, everything looks good, but when I plot, the leaders are covering up some of the text. > > When I move the leader to the left of the object, the text switches to the left of the leader, but the leader is formated for text to the rt. Just the opposite when I move the text to the other side. This seems to be the same no matter what settings I use for the leader. > > Is this a bug or a corrupt file. Can it be fixed. Like I said, everything looks good on the screen, but the Plot preview shows the error. It looks bad and it is hard to read with the leader line going through the text.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

This is a known issue and is considered a bug. I believe it's being looked into. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 4 of 5
apence

Thanks for the info.

I figured out the work-around. My plot setting had the " plot upside-down" setting checked. After I unchecked the box, all of the label text was upside down. I moved one label, and they all updated (maybe regened) to right side up. When I went to print, the leaders were all correct.

So Civ-3D requires you not to "plot upside-down". I am not sure why I had that setting checked in the first place.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have the same problem with many of my surface label styles- the leaders are out of control!

Things look great on computer screen until I plot or preview.

None of these changes will fix it:
Model/Paper/X-ref/UCS/Drawing Coordiate System/Label Orientation

Please advise more on this bug when addressed.

I also have another issue:
I freeze layers that are assigned to styles- looks great on the computer, even using x-refs. However, when I go to plot, parts of the styles still show up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report