AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
rubaru
Message 1 of 4 (288 Views)

Alignment is scaled 1/12 don't know how to change

288 Views, 3 Replies
01-18-2013 09:10 AM

I've seen similar posts a few times but it always ends with the OP saying "Oh I found it!" but never explain what was done.  So, here is my version:

AutoCAD Civil3D 2013.

Units are set to unitless.

An alignment was created from an existing 2D polyline.

The alignment stations, and the geometric properties, incidate that it is approximately 57 units in length.

If I use the DIST command from one end of the alignment to the other, it measures approximately 690 units, which is what I expected.

Obviously there is a 1/12 (feet-to-inches) thing going on here.  I think I need to scale the alignment properties and/or station label properties by a factor of 12, but don't know where to find this tool.  Please advise.

Jason

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 4 (280 Views)

Re: Alignment is scaled 1/12 don't know how to change

01-18-2013 10:17 AM in reply to: rubaru

What happens if your units are set to feet instead of unitless?

What unit is C3D set to?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 3 of 4 (275 Views)

01-18-2013 10:28 AM in reply to: rubaru

I find it's best to set things up in drawing settings as you want them and to check "Set AutoCAD variable to match". Some say they have trouble with this setting but I haven't.

un.PNG

This way you can avoid the Units command and the AECDWGSETUP command. At least that's what works for us.

tlamason
Message 4 of 4 (272 Views)

01-18-2013 10:30 AM in reply to: rubaru

I had the same problem.  There are units in AutoCAD (UNITS command) and then there are the "Drawing Settings" in Civil 3D. (See examples below)

The drawing units [go to ToolSpace>Settings tab] should be set to Feet in both drawings. The normal units won't make a difference.  This should fix the problem.  Also you could try checking or unchecking the Scale units from other drawings box, depending on where the drawing with the wrong units is referenced and how many drawings need to be fixed.

Hope this helps!

Tim LaMason

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs