Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment is scaled 1/12 don't know how to change

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rubaru
1398 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment is scaled 1/12 don't know how to change

I've seen similar posts a few times but it always ends with the OP saying "Oh I found it!" but never explain what was done.  So, here is my version:

AutoCAD Civil3D 2013.

Units are set to unitless.

An alignment was created from an existing 2D polyline.

The alignment stations, and the geometric properties, incidate that it is approximately 57 units in length.

If I use the DIST command from one end of the alignment to the other, it measures approximately 690 units, which is what I expected.

Obviously there is a 1/12 (feet-to-inches) thing going on here.  I think I need to scale the alignment properties and/or station label properties by a factor of 12, but don't know where to find this tool.  Please advise.

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: rubaru

What happens if your units are set to feet instead of unitless?

What unit is C3D set to?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup

I find it's best to set things up in drawing settings as you want them and to check "Set AutoCAD variable to match". Some say they have trouble with this setting but I haven't.

un.PNG

This way you can avoid the Units command and the AECDWGSETUP command. At least that's what works for us.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
tlamason

I had the same problem.  There are units in AutoCAD (UNITS command) and then there are the "Drawing Settings" in Civil 3D. (See examples below)

The drawing units [go to ToolSpace>Settings tab] should be set to Feet in both drawings. The normal units won't make a difference.  This should fix the problem.  Also you could try checking or unchecking the Scale units from other drawings box, depending on where the drawing with the wrong units is referenced and how many drawings need to be fixed.

Hope this helps!

Tim LaMason

Message 5 of 5
sca24580

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report