Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment grid view editor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jacobekola
2381 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment grid view editor

In the alignment grid view editor I am unable to edit any parameters other than the curve information.  All of the tangent parameters are greyed out. Is this correct or is there a way to edit the tangent parameters as well? 

I created the alignment using tangent-tangent (with curves), but when I create the alignment with other methods, I am still unable to edit the geometry through the grid view editor.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
castled071049
in reply to: jacobekola

I think it's the nature of the beast... you can only edit curve information using the grid editor.

Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey

It all depends on how you created your entities. Only the parameters you specified as you created the entities can be changed in 2011 and earlier. In 2012, you can change the constraints applied to the geometry and you'll have much more success editing entitites like you think you should be able to.

Instead of the grid view, try the entity editor, you'll see more options for editing the different components there.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

X,

What version of Civil 3D are you using? Brian notes the change in 2012, which allows you to unlock constraints:

Constraint.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5
david.zavislan

Your lines are probably fixed, meaning that they were defined by two selected points.  That will be the only data that you can modify in the editor.  In the grid view editor, right-click on the column header and select the Pass Through Point 1 and Pass Through Point 2 items to turn on the display  of those columns.  You will then be able to modify the coordinate values for the line segments.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report