Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment and labels layout visibility

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tommcgtx
1648 Views, 4 Replies

Alignment and labels layout visibility

I have created an alignment, and have the stationing labels on a different layer than the actual alignment linework. I have frozen the layer with the alignment on it in a viewport, but not the layer with the labels. However, when I regen, the labels disappear. I need to have the labels visible, and the linework off. Anyone know what causes this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JOVO85
in reply to: tommcgtx

There are two layers assigned to all C3D objects, a main layer that by default encompasses multiple types of C3d objects (for example alignment & alignment labels) and then there are "sub" layers that are controlled in the alignment style. In your base drawing right click the alignment and select "Edit Alignment Style" then click the Display tab and you will find the name of the alignment style layers. The same goes for Aligment Label Style layers.

Take note of the style layer names because in your layout you will want to freeze the specific layers in the layer manager as opposed to selecting them in the drawing which is freezing all of your alignment objects. 

I personally wish there was a simpler way to manage this without single entities being tied to two different layers but once you get used to it it becomes managable. It helps to have your styles set up properly and having knowledge of layering used in each style. We, as a company, are attacking our style creation from several users as we approach them so it definitely becomes confusing at times.

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 3 of 5
tommcgtx

I changed all of the layers in the settings, in alignment styles, label styles, and label sets, and it is still behaving the same. Is there something I'm missing? I may just change the color to plot out as something you can barely see, but I would like to know what needs to change for this to work properly.

Message 4 of 5
JOVO85

Try going into drawing utilities>Drawing Setting>Object Layers and make sure that your alignment objects aren't on the same layer as your alignment-labeling, by default they are all on layer "0"

Screen.jpg

Joseph-

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
16GB RAM

Message 5 of 5
tommcgtx

I changed those, they were set to 0, and it is still the same way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report