Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment and Profile not visible

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lgreer21
12434 Views, 8 Replies

Alignment and Profile not visible

OK - we've just recently installed 2011 in the office.  Today is the first time I've used 2011 for alignments or profiles.  I'm not seeing much change between 2010 and 2011 in the dialog boxes / functions for either of these tasks.  However, my alignment line is not visible - the stationing is and it shows up in the prospector, it's just the line that doesn't show up.  Yes, my dialog box shows plan and all the layers are on.  The same thing is happening on the profile that I created off of that alignment.  I can get all the labeling to show up, the grid and the line indicating the surface just doesn't show up.  I have all this wonderful text just floating along above an imaginary line.

I'm sure I've just not got something toggled just right and would greatly appreciate any assistance / advice y'all might have for me.  I'm driving our IT person up the wall because he just doesn't have any ideas either...

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: lgreer21

Is Layer 0 Off or Frozen? The Alignment & Profile may have been placed on that layer if the Default Object Layers have not been setup.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
lgreer21

All my layers are thawed and turned on.
Message 4 of 9
Jeff_M

Can you post the drawing?

EESignature
Message 5 of 9
lgreer21

Here it is...  

Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M

OK, well somehow your display configuration is messed up. I don't know how this happens, but I've seen it a number of times now.....

To correct this, open the drawing and type in DISPLAY. Choose Sets, then in the dialog that appears, choose the PLAN set. In the General column make sure everything you expect to be seeing is checked on....Alignment and Profile are both unchecked now, as are Alignment Tables and other items that I would normally think should be on. You may want to compare settings with a known good drawing. Save it and exit and the alignment and profiles will appear.

EESignature
Message 7 of 9
lgreer21
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you so very much, Jeff!

I wasn't even aware of that dialog box!  You so saved me from getting any more grey hairs!

Message 8 of 9
WyldeParnelle

had this EXACT same problem and I was losing my mind trying to figure out why I couldn't see my profiles. Thank you Mr. Google and pointing me to this solution 🙂

Message 9 of 9
ishfaqun44
in reply to: Jeff_M

Oh, thanks a lot for the solution, I was just going nuts for two continuous days trying t find out what's wrong!! You just saved me a lot of time and energy! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report