Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment - Sta EQ - Multiple Sta occurrance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
190 Views, 3 Replies

Alignment - Sta EQ - Multiple Sta occurrance

We have input a very long alignment (20 + miles) with 4-5 Station Equations. These Sta EQ create the multiple occurrences of a range of stations along this alignment. When you tell Civil 3d 2007 to place a point at a given Station and offset it places it at the first occurrence of this station. Does any one know of a way to get Civil 3d 2007 to place this point on the 2nd or 3rd occurrence of this station?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cliff Patterson
in reply to: Anonymous

If you create a point using station/offset and enter a station which has multiple locations the program should prompt you for which station to use as shown on the attached image. But while looking at this I noticed if you have two station equations that creates more than two duplicate stations it only prompts for the first and last(?).

Then attached image has three possible locations for the station 3+15 (entered station) but only shows two locations. Which I believe is a bug/problem with the software. I believe it should list 3 locations.

I am suprised the program did not prompt for any duplicate station locations.

Can anybody else duplicate this behavior? I'm using 2007 SP3.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Xeon 2.80 Ghz, 2.0 GB Ram
Message 3 of 4
jestoneiv

I'm having a couple of different problems.

Most of the time when I try to place a point on an alignment, I type the station and it places the point on the first station of the duplicates. For example, if I pick an alignment with two (or more) 51+00, it will use the first 51+00 of the alignment, without regard to where I picked on the alignment.

However, I also have the error as attached. Clearly 51+00 is part of the alignment, but it neither places the point on the first 51+00 or the one in the picture.

Is creating multiple alignments the only way to go?
Message 4 of 4
Cliff Patterson

I agree that the points do always seem to be located at the first station or the Raw Station.

There's something wrong with alignment Station Equations when creating points along the alignment. I believe it is positioning the point at the Raw station of the alignment regardless of the duplicate station selected.

I also believe the Duplicate Stations listing does not always show all the duplicate stations.

I haven't used Station Equations very much, so I may be out to lunch. If I am wrong, perhaps someone else can enlighten us.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Xeon 2.80 Ghz, 2.0 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report