Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Report Issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matt_king
423 Views, 3 Replies

Alignment Report Issues.

Good morning!

My first post so please be kind Smiley Happy

We've only been using Civil 3D for a limited amount of time now, and although we're getting on fantastically well with it, we're really struggling in the reports department.

If we use the standard alignment reporting method 'Alignment Incremental Station Report' we almost get what we need (Chainage, Easting and Northing in the wrong order), but we also get a tangentianal direction which we don't need and no Z values. Using 'PI Station Report' it's a similar scenario, it's almost there but we don't get what we need and get a lot of things we don't need. We then found a 'Combined Geometry' report. Upon using that, it's a similar scenario yet again, it's almost there but not quite (Easting and Northing in the correct order now, and Z values), but we now have a lot of other information which is no use to us (Cumulative Distance, Bearing, Reference etc).

We've tried making a custom report but this seems way overly complicated, even for us, who some would consider are quite savvy on design programmes! To finish off, we've also amended the report settings so that the client and owner details are correct. However, upon producing the reports (in .doc format) it only displays half of this information.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what we can change (either report settings or drawing settings) that allow us to get what we need? Really we should be using this design package to make things easier and more effective, not having to spend hours afterwards modifying the information it produces.

We require a general report which will show: Chainage, Easting and Northing (in the correct order) and Level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: matt_king

Have you tried the Profile>Incremental Station Difference Report?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
bpoleuca
in reply to: Jay_B

Hello,

I want to make my own reports in Civil 3D.

What I have to do to make these reports?

Maybe somebody can explaine a little?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
matt_king
in reply to: Jay_B

Tried that one as well. I get an error message that says there are no static profiles, and then produces a report with nothing in it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report