Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment - Profile to LDT4

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
James M. Caldwell
177 Views, 5 Replies

Alignment - Profile to LDT4

I developed an alignment and profile in 3D, and then proceeded to export them to LDT4 via Land XML. The alignment imported just fine, the profiles (Existing Gnd & Design) did not import at all. Is the XML transfer of profiles implemented yet?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: James M. Caldwell

Could be two things. 1. Not exported from C3D (probably not the case) - make sure when you export from C3D, you use the Filter Selection method, and that all the profiles you want to export are checked. 2. Not imported into LDT - After LDT checks to see what data is available to be imported, click on the "Alignments..." button and make sure "Include Profile Definitions" is checked. HTH -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
Message 3 of 6

Darron,

Thanks for the information. I exported again from 3D, using your suggestions. The profile data still did not import into LDT4. When I - Create Profile > Full Profile, I get only the grid and no existing gnd profile. When I try to import the Finish Grade Profile, I get "No vertical alignment data found".
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

James, You didn't mention if you checked the box "Include Profile Definitions" while importing into LDT. Did you try that, too? If so, I'm stumped because it's all worked for me. -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
Message 5 of 6

Darron,

Yes, I did check the profile box. I notice that when i look at the XML file in the Land XML Reporter that there does not appear to be complete data for the profiles.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

James, I've been able to reproduce the problem you described. I've logged a defect on it. -- Karen Dowling Autodesk ISD QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report