Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Mask a Datashortcut Alignment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2980 Views, 5 Replies

Alignment Mask a Datashortcut Alignment

c3d 2010

We have a sheet that needs to only show a small portion of the centerline (alignment). It is a DS and when I go to the masking tab (alignment properties) all items are grayed out. But in the source file i can use the mask. Is this correct? if so what can i do outside of adjusting my viewport to get this to work? (example: alignment from 10+00 - 28+00, only want to see (alignment line) 17+50 - 22+00)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having this same issue.   Why would a data ref not let you mask? isn't this the reason for it?

Surface data ref's let you mask them.  Why is this different?

Dan

Message 3 of 6
JeffPaulsen

I'm going to dredge up this old post from 2010.

Is there a way to mask a data referenced alignment?

I am currently using C3D 2012. From what I am seeing you can only mask the actual alignment. Once the actual alignment is masked then all data references to that alignment will be masked. Problem is, there are times you want to show different portions of the alignment in different drawings.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 4 of 6
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Bump.

A simple no will do if that's the answer. I just don't want to waste any more time trying to figure this out.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

No. I wish it could be done as you like, but it's not doable at this time.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
Ken_Nichols

If you wish to mask portions of the alignment in drawings where the alignment is referenced, you must do this in the source drawing. These masks will still not appear in the reference drawings. You must re-reference the alignment into your desired drawings to show the mask ranges. Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report