Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Major Station Label Set Orientation

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
darrell.wilmore
1361 Views, 9 Replies

Alignment Major Station Label Set Orientation

Is there any way to orient my alignment major station set to the north?

My alignment snakes around and even turns 180 degrees in several spots so I need to get the stationing all looking up ^.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

In the alignment label style composer for the major station labels you are using, General tab > behavior > orientation reference and set it to world coordinate system. Is this what you're looking for?

I'm running Civil 3D 2012. Where is this composer located? I've looked under the Toolspace section and the menu bar and I can't find it.

Message 4 of 10

Grab the alignment, right click, and choose "edit alignment labels". Under the style heading, click the label icon for your Major Station label style and choose to edit the current selection. The next window that pops up is the "style composer". Under the general tab, behavior click-down, there is an option for orientation reference. Toggling this to World Coordinate System would make the label orient themselves north. 

In your toolspace, click on Settings -> Alignment -> Label Styles -> Major Station or Minor Station. Right click the one you need and select EDIT. It is then under the General Tab and under the Behavior Heading.

Message 6 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: darrell.wilmore

Select your alignment labels on screen>Rt. Click>Edit Alignment Labels>Major Stations and Minor Stations>Click on the icon next to style name>select edit icon>

General Tab.

or:

On Settings Tab of Toolspace>Alignment>Label Styles>Station>Major Station and or Minor Station>Style name being used.

There are several other components to the alignment label set listed under Alignment label styles as well but this should provide a start.

Here under the "Behavior" and "Plan Readability" categories all affect how the stationing will orient to the alignment.

Without a picture I don't follow what your after.

Plan readability true will always make the text plan readable> false allows it to be upside down etc.

Experiment with all the behavior options and decide which ones you like.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 10

I found the command but World Coordinate System turns all the labels to 90 degrees. I need to set them to 0 degrees.

Message 8 of 10

Under the Layout tab, Rotation should be 90.

I think that should work!
Message 9 of 10

Set the orientation to view, see if that works also.

I went under the layout tab and turned rotation to 0 deg.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report