Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Labels in Paper Space!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Jessy1980
5546 Views, 8 Replies

Alignment Labels in Paper Space!

Hello there,

I have a drawing that is set to 1:250 and the xref is set to 1:250 and the paper space and viewport are set to 1:250 but the alignment labels that are in the xref are really small in paper space. They look good in model space. I have even tried data shortcutting this alignment into the drawing and still the labels are really small only in paper space. I have tried regenall and I have tried cannoscale but I can't seem to find a solution online. Does anyone have and idea why the labels won't scale right in paper space?

Thnak you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dsigman
in reply to: Jessy1980

Try looking at your text settings in the alignment labels. In the prospector go to Settings tab/alignments/Label Styles/Label Sets/

Open Label Styles/Label Sets/ then click on whatever set you're using in the prospector Settings tab. Default is Standard. Then in the alignment label set editor you'll see a pulldown under the Major Station Label Style: label. Click on the button next to it to edit the style. After you click on that button a Style Composer will pop up. Go into the layout tab and check your text height. Default is 0.1000". That's the size in paper space. If yours is smaller than that you need to change it to whatever size you want to see in paper space. We use 0.0800"

You'll have to change the pulldown in the Alignment Label Set dialog box to Minor stations and do the same if you want to see minor station labels.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Message 3 of 9
Jessy1980

It kind of worked!

I now have really big numbers in model space which are annoying to work around. I also had to change my text height to 40 to get it to look right in paper space.

Do you know of a different solution to fix this? Or am I missing a step?

Thank you

Message 4 of 9
mathewkol

You have something wrong in your layout setup if you have to use a height of 40.

1. Set the height property of the label to, say 0.1 inches.
  2. Edit your layout page setup and set the scale to 1.  It MUST be set to 1, no exceptions.  Some users I know plot in paper space at, say 1:250 and scale their title blocks according to this scale.  Civil 3D will not work this way.
  3. Make sure the paper units in your paper space layout setup are set to mm if model space is metres, and inches if model space is feet.

units.png

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 9
Jessy1980

My page scale is set to 1:1. I am still trying to figure this out. I have attached it so you can see what I am looking at. I have bound the xref in the drawing attached but the text still isn't working. Let me know if you can figure it out.

Thank you

Message 6 of 9
mathewkol

There are no Civil 3D objects in this drawing.  Doesn't matter though, like I said in my previous post, the scale needs to be 1 and the units have to be mm as this looks like a metric job.  Your scale is 25.4 and your units are inches.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 9
Jessy1980

Okay! You were right! My page setup needed to be set to mm and then regen the sheet to get it to reset. 

Thank you for your help!

Message 8 of 9
Hidden_Brain

Matt is right on target with this one. i discovered this the hard way a few days ago, you ought to have 1:1 scale in your page setup. otherwise, if you have 25.4, although the title block, page size and other elements in MS will be okay, all your Civil 3D object labels (alignments, profile views etc) will be extremely small.

Message 9 of 9
Cairn.West
in reply to: mathewkol

This solved it for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report