Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Labels at DREF Creation

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
bnesja
518 Views, 11 Replies

Alignment Labels at DREF Creation

How do I get the Alignment to "Come In" with the label set as I create the DREF? Currently I have to create the Data Shortcut, then edit the alignment label to add Major, Minor, Geometry Points... Is there a setting I am missing?

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: bnesja

Specify the label set in the Feature Settings for Alignment.

Settings tab of Toolspace > Rt. click on Alignment > Feature Settings >  Default Styles > Alignment Label Set.

It can alternatively be set in Alignment > Command settings for CreateAlignmentReference depending on your workflow.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 12
bnesja
in reply to: Jay_B

My default Label Set is correct in this location. When I I create the shortcut the Label Set is "attached" to the alignment but no labels display and the attached image is what I see when I select the alignment to edit the Labels.

Message 4 of 12
Jay_B

I know this is a simple question but are all layers on/thawed?

And within the styles included in label set are visibility values all set to "true"

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 12
bnesja

Everything is on/thawed and visible.

It isn't really a display issue. As you can see in the Image "Once Reference is Created & During Edit" that once the reference is created no label types are added to the alignment automatically. I have to manually add each label type even though Major Station, Minor Station, Geometry Points and Station Equations are within the default label set as shown in image "During Reference".

Once I select the Alignment and enter the edit window for the labels and add the 4 types that i want to see and hit ok they display as wished.

Message 6 of 12
Jay_B

In the "manual addition of labels.jpg" notice the label set "Style" values are blank.

If you navigate to the 1 in 100 ft ticks.... Label Set on Settings Tab of Toolspace,

are these entries also not populated here?

That's biggest difference I'm seeing when comparing to our workflow using 2014 SP2 here.

What SP are you using?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 12
bnesja

I think I attached what you are questioning.

It's all populated here but becomes "unpopluated" during the reference creation.

The files from which the shortcuts are created are 2012 files and I am currently using 2014. Could this be an issue?

I am using 2014 SP1

Message 8 of 12
bnesja

Now I see what you are getting as far as the styles populating! Smiley Very Happy I corrected this in my Template and voila. Thank You very much for your help.

Message 9 of 12
Jay_B

You're welcome. Glad we figured it out, not sure how / why the label set displayed the intervals etc. without a style listed next to them in label set.
I was unable to replicate that on my end. Could be a glitch in conversion from 2012 but hard to say.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 10 of 12
wfberry

I will guess the differences can be attributed to attaching an older version to a newer version.  AFAIK, attachments should be opened and saved to coincide with the current version.

Of course I would attached a COPY and not update the original.

Bill

Message 11 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill,

This thread had to do with an Alignment Label Set which was absent the necessary "Style" entries within the Alignment Label Set dialog..

Assuming you were thinking it was xref related?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 12 of 12
wfberry

Thanks Jay

I probably took it out of context. (or something totally unrelated)

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report